As you know about Content is consider as a king in SEO, while having said that i have findings on 19 High-Level thought concepts about content and SEO that you may love to know more about:-
Content Marketing that actually matters
1. Build sites that matter to people.
2. Build content that signals you’re open for business and good at what you do.
3. Realise that 90% of your content will never be read to completion. So, front load all the best information above the fold.
4. If your audience doesn’t screenshot your site, mentally bookmark it, sign up, save your link or take action of any kind, your site needs more wow factor.
5. Your site and content must appeal to a narrow group of people before a bigger group.
6. Culture trumps all marketing “people like us read sites like this”, “people like us buy from companies like this”. What culture does your site appeal to? None? Fix that.
7. Don’t study people in your niche or businesses like yours, go outside the field you’re in and look at others for ideas.
8. Write motivated. Watch a trailer or listen to a speech before you write, or read a blog by someone you enjoy. Unmotivated writing is easy to spot.
9. Waffle comes from paying for content by the word. Learn how to spot it.
10. Content is a form of costly signalling. It must look like effort went into its creation for it to be of any value. Please note that content length doesn’t add to its value, that’s a myth.
11. All content must have an objective before it’s written. The objective should be in the brief.
12. Good content and writing are in the details. What does it feel, taste and smell like? What colour is it?
13. What emotion do you want the reader to feel when they read your content? Is it awe, excitement, hunger, passion etc?
14. Help people feel they have moved an inch towards their goal.
This is mostly what content does, it mentally moves people forward to where they want to be and signals that you are a source to move them forward further.
15. Realise that good content in volume = an amazing resource.
It’s rare that amazing content does well on its own. Or in other words, it’s better to have 10 good albums than be a 1 hit wonder.
16. Great content writers read…a lot. Study mega blogs, satire sites and read books. But don’t just read…study.
17. Use frameworks and formulas to speed creation.
I have a book of content formulas I have created over the years and borrowed. Build your own.
18. Use emotion bait not clickbait.
To create an emotion bait headline use this formula:
Subject + action = payoff.
“Two Friends Save an Old Man from a Deadly Fire By Climbing the Building”.
19. Legit Bait is the best form of headline in today’s market.
The thing about great content is this.
We have to be reminded how to create it. Because it’s easy to opt to create rubbish.
Why? Because from an early age, we are taught how to write correctly and not how to write for consumption.
Our default content writing setting is form and not function.
And so, we need constant reminders to create content that gets read.